Monday, January 26, 2009

LEGO'S EVERYWHERE

Cameron is a builder! He loves to build with anything he can get his hands on. When we finish a gallon of milk or a box of cereal he is asking "can I have it?" and I know that means we are going to have some sort of new creation by the end of the day. In preschool last year his favorite activity was the craft table where he built a new airplane or boat daily out of toilet paper rolls, yogurt lids, egg cartons, string, tape......and anything else that was there that day.

BUT ever since last Christmas Cameron's first choice of building supplies turned into LEGO'S! We always had the big lego's when Cameron was little, but last Christmas he got his first set of little lego's -- and since then we have Lego's everywhere.

This was the first set that started it all.....................

And this is what we have now..................

..............little lego's everywhere! He builds some really amazing things and they keep him busy for hours, but they are all over the house -- in the living room, in Cameron's room, in the girls room -- I find Lego ships in my bath tub, when I open the drapes in the morning I find Lego guys lined up on the window sills and unfortunately when I vacuum I hear Lego pieces being sucked up never to be seen again!!

This past weekend I made the mistake of telling Cameron that I would help him rebuild his Walker (not just any Walker, though -- as I was informed -- it's the AT-AP Walker!). Do you know how long it takes to rebuild one of these things when you have like 15 sets all mixed together??? And could those pieces be any smaller??? Finally after many many hours we got it done and Cameron is happy! I'm just hoping that it stays together for more than a day because I'm not rebuilding it again anytime soon! :)

Oh, and did I mention that not only do we have all of these little lego's floating around the house, but we also have all of the boxes that these little lego's came in. I think a few of them managed to make it to the garbage, but Cameron insists that he needs to keep all of these ones................

AND now I've been told by Cameron that he is "just dying to get Ahsoka's ship" so he is saving his money and doing extra things around the house to earn enough money for it. Great -- more pieces for my vacuum!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cameron. I think because of the building you began in preschool and now all you are doing with Legos, you will be a master engineer or builder when you grow up.
Miss Connie

Joan said...

Very cool Cameron! Ethan says Hi! He is still very much into LEGOs too. Ethan likes to use an electric sweeper to pre-sweep his play areas and rescue the little pieces before I vacuum them up! -Joan, Ethan and Elise

Megan said...

stef I fell your pain alex has a TON of legos everywere and I'm the one that vacumes!!! Annoying

Stacy said...

I love your pictures of all of Cameron's leggos. That is so funny. You should have known better than to offer to help. Bad move!!!!! I think that Megan has only vaccuumed once at our house to so she shouldn't tell you that she always does it. :)