Friday, January 16, 2009

I AM PROUD

This morning after breakfast as I was cleaning up the kitchen I thought "wow, it's really quiet - I wonder what those kids are doing". A few minutes later all 3 kids arrived in the kitchen fully dressed and ready for the day. They announced that they all got dressed, brushed their teeth and brushed their hair. I was very impressed because we weren't even going anywhere and I hadn't asked them to do any of it. So, I told them all "good job", gave high-fives and went on cleaning up the kitchen.

A little while later I managed to drop a whole bowl of chex-mix in the kitchen that I was making and when it hit the floor and made a loud bang all three kids came running. They all grabbed a different broom and started helping me clean up. Cameron announced "the 3 dressed kids can clean it up". I said "great - thanks guys, I really appreciate your help". To which Cameron responded "no problem mom, we just want you to be proud of us!"...........I couldn't tell them enough how proud of all 3 of them I am.........for many, many, many reasons!


I might have chosen a different outfit for Rena since it is 15 below zero today, but since we are staying indoors I decided it was just fine!! (Oh, and the shirt was clean when she first put it on!) :)

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Way to go Keyes Kids. (like their a action, crime, dirt busting super hero trio!!)