Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ANOTHER BIG DAY FOR CAMERON

Today was Cameron's 2nd day of Kindergarten (his first day in the afternoon) and his 1st day riding the school bus! Everything went really well this morning -- he was excited and got right on the bus. Being the worried mom that I am I drove to the school and met the bus when it arrived -- Cameron got off with a big smile on his face and gave me a high five as he walked into the school.

The trip home from school wasn't quite as good. His drop-off time was suppose to be 3 o'clock so at about 5 minutes to 3:00 Rena and I headed outside to wait (Maleah was napping). At about 3:10 the bus pulled into our neighborhood, but was only letting the kids off that lived on the other side of the street. So, Cameron was suppose to ride the bus around the whole neighborhood until he could exit the bus right in front of our house. All of this sounded fine except that when the bus got to our house -- it just kept right on going!!! I was standing out there in our driveway with my camera all ready for a picture, waving to Cameron -- and the bus just kept on driving. I then, of course, started running down the sidewalk waving and yelling to the bus, but it still just kept right on going. After I made a phone call to the school and the school made a phone call to the bus driver Cameron arrived safely home at about 3:35.

He looked a little shaken up and worried, but was ok. Hopefully tomorrow will go a little smoother!

3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Yikes! Glad that he made it home! Just working out those kinks early on I guess!!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh Stef! That must have been a terrible feeling. Glad that is all done. Today should be great!
He is such a grown up kid now!

Stacy said...

That is even worse than Alex forgetting to get off. How did the driver not remember he was there? I hope he has better luck today.