Wednesday, November 02, 2011

HALLOWEEN PARTIES

On Monday afternoon all three kids had Halloween celebrations in their classrooms. Since I couldn't divide myself into three I had to choose one classroom to go to.............

and I chose...........(drum roll please)...........

Rena's second grade class!!

I was second guessing my decision on classrooms once I got there and found out what I was in-charge of.......ice-cream.......but not just serving ice-cream -- making ice-cream. Sounded like a lot of work and really messy!!

It ended up being fun......and the ice-cream was pretty good!

Here's how we made it -- we put ice and rock salt in a big Ziploc bag, then in a smaller Ziploc bag we put milk, sugar, vanilla and green food coloring (because it wasn't really ice-cream -- it was monster blood for Halloween). Then we put the little Ziploc bag in the big Ziploc bag and we shook......and shook......and shook.......and shook some more.......then we tested it.......then we shook again.......and shook some more......(you get it, right? We had to shake A LOT!)

Here's Rena shaking her bag......

And here she is enjoying her ice-cream -- well worth all of the shaking!......

After I walked around to some of the other "stations" I was feeling pretty lucky to be on ice-cream duty........the other stations were MESSY! I don't even know what they were making here, but the kids were having fun while making a mess!.....

I did sneak away from Rena's classroom just long enough to see Maleah as a mummy......

Rena's classroom also had one non-messy station -- drawing a picture of a witch. Here's Rena's work-in-progress.....

AND her completed masterpiece......

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Did that ice cream really work in a plastic bag? I love Rena's witch. Did she draw it herself?