Thursday, May 14, 2009

RENA'S DANCE RECITAL

OK, so it wasn't the actual recital, but it was as close as I could get!

I have been having a really hard time with the fact that Rena is going to miss her dance recital because of our move to California. She has been in this dance class since September and they have been practicing for the recital pretty much since day one. So when we sold the house and found out that we would be moving 2 weeks before the recital I have been debating on what to do........do we stay for it? do we fly back for it? When it came right down to it - she wasn't nearly as upset missing it as I thought she would be. SO, they got their costumes in class today, tried them on and did their recital piece for all of the moms that were there. I was able to convince Rena that this was her special recital and that instead of being here for the real recital she would get to be in San Diego with her daddy.....she thought that sounded like a GREAT idea!

Their dance was to Puff the Magic Dragon......aren't they cute little dragons?!! :)

They were selling bears and koala's at class today that have the "Kim's Academy of Dance" name on their little t-shirts so I let Rena pick one out to take home with her.

Rena, her new Koala and one of her teachers, Miss Katie.

We even went out to celebrate a "job well done" after the "recital".......Rena shared her chocolate ice-cream with Koala.

Maleah got to celebrate also........after all she did earn it by sitting through class every week for the past 9 months.

Do you think I can convince Rena to be a dragon next Halloween???..........

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That is the cutest costume. I hope she will wear it for Halloween. She looks like she did a great job at her recital.

Kristin said...

That is precious! :)

Aimie Hunter said...

I love her costume and I am happy for both of you that you found a happy medium for the recital. Bring on the move and warm weather!