Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SAN DIEGO, HERE WE COME!

We are on the move again......

It was less than one year ago (April 3, 2008 to be exact) that I sat here excitedly writing my post "Peoria, here we come!" and while I didn't expect to be writing this post so soon after writing the last one here I am - back, excitedly writing a new post...."San Diego, here we come!"

Unfortunately things did not work out as we had hoped for here in Peoria. For many reasons, we have chosen to take a voluntary separation for Jeff from Caterpillar. His last day of work was January 31st and he has been looking for a new job since we made the decision to leave. He has received an offer for a position in San Diego, California and we have accepted the offer and are now preparing for another move cross country!!

Jeff will being moving to California by himself in the next of couple weeks and the kids and I will stay here in Peoria until the house sells or until school is out. We are hoping that the house will sell in the next few months so that the kids and I can head back West as soon as the school year is over, but we are going to leave our plans open and just see what happens.

While we are excited for our next adventure we are also sad to be leaving. We have enjoyed our time in Peoria - we have made some great friends, love our home and neighborhood and love being so close to Peggy, Tami and Kari & her family. We are definitely going to miss all of them! Fortunately by moving to San Diego we will now be only a 3-hour drive from my other cousin, Gimi & her family and a 5-hour drive from my dad in Las Vegas. And, really, 19 hours in the car doesn't seem too long if it gets us to Washington state to visit Stacy & family, Grandma and Grandpa Keyes and all of our friends!

AND on another positive note -- I will be trading in my snow boots for a swim suit!! I definitely can't complain about the warm sunny days in San Diego!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you! Nice and sunny. Something we miss up here in the PNW..it is hailing right NOW!!!