Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

This is actually a "facebook" thing, but I decided to post it here on my blog so that in 30 years when my kids are flipping through my blog book they will know 25 random things about their mom.....and since it's my birthday what better day to talk about myself!! :)

So, here goes.....25 Random things about Stefanie Jean Keyes.....

1. I hate lists, forms or interviews about myself and never reply to those e-mail questioners – I am only filling this out because I was tagged so many times...(and because Tami did it!!!)

2. My kids – Cameron, Rena and Maleah – are the best things to ever happen to me.

3. Jeff & I got married on the beach in Maui, Hawaii and honeymooned in Tahiti and it was the BEST 2 weeks of my life.

4. I have 1 sister and 3 cousins (who are like sisters to me) that I know I could count on for anything and mean the world to me.

5. I miss my mom and think of her every day - how much she would have loved my kids and how much my kids would have benefited from her love!

6. If I had a nickel for every time someone misspelled or mispronounced my name I’d be rich – it’s SteFanie – with an F – and “Keyes” is k-eyes...not keys...(make sense?)

7. I’m a salt-aholic...I salt everything...before I even taste it!

8. I use to smoke - and actually liked it and often miss it. (dumb, huh?)

9. I miss working, but don’t miss being a CPA. I would like to go back to school, get my teaching certificate and teach elementary school.

10. I am Christian, but constantly struggle with my faith and what I believe – which is why I am taking a class at church right now “Know what you believe”.

11. I love Junior Mints.

12. I hate my hair – always have, probably always will.

13. I hate being cold (so why did we move to Central Illinois where it is COLD for like 6 months straight???)

14. I love white wine – maybe a little bit too much!

15. I hate to mop...hate, hate, hate it!

16. I have an imagination that keeps me awake worrying at night...I can turn any little thing into a major problem or event.

17. I swore I’d never drive one...but I love my mini-van!

18. I was born and raised in Washington state – I lived there until I was 36 years old when I moved to Illinois.

19. I was never sick – not once – during all 3 pregnancies...had heartburn and was VERY uncomfortable after being pregnant and having 3 kids in 3 years, but never once threw-up!

20. My biggest worry about moving is missing out on my niece and nephews lives and that they won’t know how important they are to me and how much I love them.

21. I never knew how frustrated, irritated or how loud I could yell until I had kids...and I also never knew how deeply I could love until I had kids!

22. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult - my friend, Jill, loaned me one of her books and ever since I’ve been hooked – she tells a good story and deals with many important “issues”.

23. I like to watch HGTV – House Hunters, House Hunters International, Property Virgins, My Big Amazing Renovation, My House is Worth What?.......

24. My all time favorite movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

25. I cry way to easy.....sad stories, tv shows, songs, Hallmark commercials.....WAY to easy!!

2 comments:

Anne Bartholomaus Roff said...

Happy belated birthday! I can't believe that you are even in your 30s but I guess time does march on. Your kids are so cute! Your mom would have loved them so much. I figure she is peeking over the clouds and watching you and yours. She would be so proud of the wonderful mother that you are. But you had a terrific role model. Guess I'll have to find my way down to San Diego sometime. I remember it being very pretty. Enjoy the sun. : ) Love, Anne

Megan said...

Stef I miss you guys so much I cryed when I read that your fear of moving was that you were woried that you would miss out on you neice and nephews lives I miss you guys so much!!! :(