Thursday, October 23, 2008

RENA'S FIELDTRIP TO THE FIRE STATION

Rena's preschool class went to the fire station today and I got to go. It is the 3rd fieldtrip of the year, but the 1st one that I went on. Rena really wanted me to go on the last 2, but I wasn't able to so when I told her that I would go on this one she was sooooooo excited. We have been talking about it for a couple of weeks now and this morning she got up and got dressed in her fieldtrip shirt before she ever came downstairs. I think the only time that she let go of my hand (or stopped kissing it) during the whole trip was when I was taking pictures...........

Rena with her friend and fieldtrip buddy, MacKenzie.

Rena and her friend Caroline in the gym at the fire station.

This was one of the highlights of the trip for the kids -- watching the firefighters come down the poles. The other highlight was when an actual emergency call came in. We got to see the firefighters "in action" -- the alarm sounded, the firefighters rushed to get ready and the firetrucks pulled out with lights and sirens blaring. It ended up that the emergency was actually a false alarm so the firefighters were back in about 5 minutes, but the kids thought it was pretty exciting to see them working.

I had a fun morning spending some time just with Rena -- I hope I get to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Your field trip looks like fun. I am glad Rena was so excited. She looks so grown up and cute in her pictures.