Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DOWN FOR THE LAST TIME.....& GONE

Back in December, the fort came down for the last time.  We bought this big toy when we lived in Issaquah, WA 6 years ago.  It has travelled with us from Washington to Illinois and to California.

It took Jeff, Gabriel and Matt just a few hours to take the whole thing apart.....

The girls were still able to find some fun even with the slide on the ground and upside down!.....

Here it is all piled up and ready to be hauled away......

I really thought that the kids were going to be upset when we took the fort down, but they weren't.  Then I thought that they were going to be upset when we sold it, but they weren't.  Then I was sure they were going to be upset when the people that bought it came and took it away, but they weren't!!!!  I was the only one that was even a little bit upset when the fort got loaded up and taken away. 

I can remember when we bought the big toy and it seemed sooooo big and tall and I was sure that one of the kids was going to fall off of it and break a leg.  That didn't happen (luckily) and we all had many fun years playing on the big toy!  Now, however, it's time to have some different fun and different worrying!

I'm assuming that the kids were not upset about getting rid of the big toy because they are more than excited about the pool that is going in in the backyard.  There was no room for a pool and a big toy so the big toy had to go!  We've still got a few months of construction, but the pool should be full of water and ready to swim in by Spring!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am sorry to see the big toy go but I am very excited for the pool to go in. We can't wait to come and enjoy it with everyone!!!!!