Sunday, April 18, 2010

GOLDIE AND FRANKIN

Rena finally got her pet fish!!!!

For months Rena has been wanting a pet. She started out wanting a dog.....which I quickly said "NO" to -- then she moved on to a cat.....which I even quicker said "NO" to! I convinced her that a goldfish would be a perfect pet to start with.....and she luckily said "OK".

When we first decided on the goldfish she was told that she would have to earn her pet. So she started doing extra things around the house -- she was volunteering to set the table, clean out the dishwasher, clear the dinner table and more....she really wanted to earn that goldfish!!! When I said that she had finally earned her fish she was so excited and wanted to get her fish right then, but it was right before our Washington trip.....so she had to wait a little bit longer......

So, it's been a long wait for her but I think she is happy with her new pets, Goldie and Frankin.....

.....I hope these little guys stick around a while......she will be devastated if she finds one of them floating at the top of the bowl -- plus, I don't want to have to go back to the dog, cat, fish debate again anytime soon!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I love Rena's new goldie. She looks like she really likes it. I hope you don't find it floating!!!!

Megan said...

is it frankin or franklin?(: she looks like she really likes them she was really excited to get them!!!(:

Stefanie said...

It's Frankin.....withOUT an "l". Don't know where she got it, but I thought she meant Franklin also -- not so!

Connie and Vern VH said...

Warning!! Do not clean the bowl too much. Goldfish do not like super clean water and you can kill them by cleaning the bowl to often. I found out the hard way.