Sunday, January 10, 2010

SKATE PARK

Cameron has been taking skate lessons over at the YMCA for a couple of months now and this weekend he wanted to show-off some of his new skills at the local park. Jeff took him over on Saturday to practice then this morning right after church we headed over for a look at Cameron's new moves!

He really has learned a lot and is doing very GOOD! And he loves it!

The girls were good sports and watched and clapped for their brother!

I'm actually not a big fan of this local park because (unlike the YMCA) there isn't anyone there to enforce rules. First it's a "skateboard" park. There are NO bikes or scooters allowed........except that there is no one there to enforce it so there are bikes and scooters allowed. The other big thing is that safety equipment is required.......helmets and pads......but again, there is no one there to enforce it. Which, I am there to enforce it on Cameron, but I just want to say to some of the others "come on kids -- do you really think that wearing a helmet that isn't even fastened is really going to protect you???"

For now Cameron will keep going and either Jeff or I will keep going with him. Hopefully Jeff rather than me or I might have to start trying to enforce the rules on my own -- which would only embarrass Cameron -- oh no......I think I have turned into my mother!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It looks like Cameron is getting really good on his skate board. I bet he is really enjoying it. I hope you don't have to turn into the hall monitor though. That doesn't sound like fun at all.