Monday, September 10, 2007

DO THE PUYALLUP

We DID the Puyallup today and had a fun time doing it! For those of you that don't know, The Puyallup Fair (officially known as the Western Washington Fair) is the largest single attraction held annually in the state of Washington. The Fair continually ranks in the top ten largest fairs in the world and since it is in my hometown I've been going to it every year for the last thirty-some years. I don't think I've ever missed a year! Each year things change and, of course, with kids my trips there have definitely changed over the past 5 years. Here's how our day went.............


We arrived at 10 o'clock in the morning when the gates opened, walked inside and immediately started eating. First on the list was big sno-cones (in big cups) and.................
................fried onion rings. Yummy breakfast!
Then we moved on and looked at some animals. Cameron & Rena kinda liked them, but Maleah wanted NOTHING to do with any of them.


Then it was lunch time. We had some good 'ole fair food -- greasy Fair burgers, curly fries, hot dogs, pizza and coke.

Now it was time for some fun.............RIDES!!!!!!


Even Jeff & I got to ride one of the "adult" roller coasters while Grandpa Steve watched the kids.

And after all of those rides we needed a snack..........ice-cream!
And then MORE rides!


And last, but not least, to end the day we had to bring some Fair Scones home with us. Jeff thinks it's a rip-off to pay a buck for a little bit of Bisquick and jam, but I can't go to The Fair without getting them. Even if you buy the "official scone mix" from The Fair and make them at home they just never taste the same. And now that the day is over I'm ready to go back again and eat the Krusty Pup, Elephant Ear, Carmel Apple and Taffy that I didn't get to have....and (of course) more scones! I guess there's always next year!!

No comments: